Saturday, June 30, 2007

The fall of MS fan

For most of life, I have been a Microsoft user. I wasn't a MS' fan. But I didn't find it not so bad working on Window, and it was fair enough for me, although it is not perfect.

I had great passion to try the Vista out, the long delayed version, 6 years or sthg. We all read abt it for many years, and how much it will be sthg fascinating and a new..bla..bla..bla
When I tried it on my PC, i was expecting sthg that could dazzle me.

finally, I got Vista business. I was totally wrong, I regret the day i installed Vista.

well, it is beautiful, the 3-D desktop switcher looks nice.
I faced many problems with Drivers. the problem is not that they r not verified by Vista. the problem that from time to time, I had to redefine the drivers.
my network card kept to be disconnected. I couldn't stay online for couple of hours. the stupid thing that when it disconnects, i have to press by myself "diagnose and repair" then should press "get a new IP" to ask the Vista to get another IP. What is this stupidity!!! didn't I define that already in the connection properties!! the answer to that question is the "ALLOW" :))
If u run sthg on vista, and precipitate away from ur PC, don't expect it is working.

u should wait because u will have to answer "Continue with getting a new IP?", "continue with opening this executable file"..etc I really hate this stupid thg in vista. i don't think i have to press 3 clickes just to run exe file..

The gadgets are terrible, I have never turned them on. they are not innovative and poor.

fighting to have a network connection really annoyed me.
this Vista eats the processor and the Memory. it slows down ur PC. without any tasks running ur RAM usage can be 512 MB. to use a PC now, u have to add $X to buy extra RAM for the Vista and $Y extra to more powerful processor, don't forget that u will pay for the Vista too :)
Vista price is too high. despite the license price is the almost the same since many old versions of windows, it is too high comparing with HW costs these days. Windows license can exceed 20% of ur costs!!!!

the only thg that may keep windows alive is that majority of mobile tools need windows to sync, and some softwares are not still available for MACs.

anyway, I didn't like the Vista thg.
Not friendly, no performance, no stability...nothing.

2 comments:

Wael Shaban said...

As I see, you tried a cracked version of windows vista! May be the problems you get is because it is cracked one and does not work as expect.
May be if we need to evaluate windows vista we must do that in fair env; get full version, meet the HW requirements, etc.
Anyway, I am not embraving windows vista, but after this long time of waiting it, we must do our evaluation in patience.

Ahmed Abd-ElHaffiez Hussein said...

No dude, I have my licensed vista business. It is not cracked.